St. James Church, James Street, Dublin 8
VACANCY FOR PARISH SECRETARY / SACRISTAN
St. James Street Parish is currently recruiting a Parish Secretary / Sacristan. This role is offered initially on a one year fixed term / part time basis.
The role is to provide a high level of support to the Parish Priest in the general running of the Parish.
- Providing an administrative service to St. James Parish
- Managing the parish office with the effective use of up-to-date office systems.
- Receiving members of the public and dealing with enquiries
- Maintaining computerised accounts for the parishes
- Recording and managing parish records.
- Responsible for the payroll function
- Preparing the Altar for daily Mass(es) and other liturgical services, e.g. weddings, funerals and baptisms.
- Opening and closing the church at agreed times.
the Church is maintained to a high standard and bringing maintenance
requirements to the attention of the Parish Priest.
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years clerical/administrative experience
- Up-to-date computer skills including Microsoft word and excel with some database experience. Microsoft publisher would also be desirable
- At least two years book-keeping experience with knowledge of up-to-date accounts packages
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Excellent customer services skills
The ideal candidate should have a track record of reliability and a flexible approach working in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills and experience dealing with the public. Knowledge of the Catholic Church and its liturgical rituals would also be desirable.
Applications should be made to Fr. Eugene Taaffe, Parish Priest, The Presbytery, enclosing a Curriculum Vitae and cover letter no later than 5pm on Friday 5th July 2019.